Due to Covid, both PRC services and volunteer opportunities are being offered in a modified manner that is different than usual. Certain opportunities that are usually available might not be available at this time, and offerings might require remote access or have special requirements.
Below, you’ll find information about how to volunteer and what volunteer opportunities there are at this time.
Beginning August 30, 2021, PRC’s protocols for volunteers are:
- All volunteers, regardless of vaccination status, must wear a mask or bandana/scarf covering their mouth and nose and maintain a distance of 6 feet from others, when possible, while indoors or outdoors at PRC.
- Volunteers working in the food pantry should continue to follow food handling health safety guidelines of washing hands often and, if desired, wearing gloves.
- Volunteers are required to wear a nametag while volunteering at PRC. One-time volunteers will be provided with an adhesive name tag upon arrival. Ongoing volunteers will receive a personalized lanyard from their supervisor.
- Volunteers must log their volunteer hours. When onsite, they must use the touchscreen to track their hours.
- Volunteers who are unwell should refrain from coming to PRC.
Thank you for helping us maintain a safe environment for staff, volunteers, and clients.
Food Stocking & Distribution Volunteer Opportunities:
Our food stocking and distribution processes have been modified during Covid. Currently, rather than entering the facility, clients coming to PRC for food remain in their vehicle while pre-packed food is placed in their trunk. Volunteers help by packing bags of food, asking brief questions of clients through their cracked vehicle window, and loading packed grocery bags into client vehicles.
Food Stocking & Distribution Volunteer requirements at this time:
- Volunteers must be able to remain on their feet for 3 hours.
- Volunteers must be able to lift bags of groceries.
- Volunteers must be over 13 years old.
- At this time, applications for community service hours for court are not being accepted.
Things to note:
- If you are a family signing up, please complete one application per person.
- We cannot accommodate groups of more than 4 people. Northern Illinois Food Bank (NIFB), a partner and supplier for PRC, is able to accommodate larger groups and is also in need of volunteers. Go HERE and scroll to the section entitled ‘How to Give Help’ to learn more and sign up.
To apply to volunteer in the Food Pantry, see the section below entitled Volunteer Applications.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
As this unique time unfolds, volunteer jobs outside of our food program have begun to adjust and resume.
At this time, we are only accepting volunteer applications for positions that are currently open and, unless otherwise stated, all positions are for Adults aged 18+. Go HERE to see a listing of what jobs are currently available.
To apply to volunteer in an open position, see the section below entitled Volunteer Applications.
Choose the application below that fits you.
We will respond via email no later than 2 business days after you submit your application to provide next steps in the application process.