Donations of food and other goods are essential to our work at PRC.
Donated items will be accepted at these times:
Monday and Friday: 8:00am – 3:00pm
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 1:00pm – 3:00pm
Retailers and Restaurants
PRC can accept donations of fresh and frozen foods and distribute them quickly to families in need. We may be able to offer donation pick-up from your location. Call us at 630.682.5402 to learn more about our food rescue program and how food donations must be packaged and stored.
For more detailed information on how to give or support the different PRC Program areas, please click on each program area below.
We can use all types of foods, but we especially need:
- Fresh Produce – especially items that keep well, like apples, carrots, onions, winter squash, sweet potatoes, cabbage, oranges
- Canned goods – fruits, veggies and soups, especially low-salt or no sugar added, legumes/beans, spaghetti sauce, apple sauce, large juices
- High Protein – peanut butter, tuna, beans, and canned chicken, chili, or stew
- Whole Grains – whole wheat pasta, brown rice, cereal
- Baking Ingredients – flour, sugar
- Household Items – disposable diapers, bar soap, toothpaste, shampoo, toilet paper, laundry detergent, spray disinfectants, disinfecting wipes
- Diapers – especially sizes 6 & 7, baby wipes, adult-sized diapers, 2T-3T pull-ups, 4T-5T pull-ups
PRC is not accepting any donated technology or computer items at this time. Please check back for more information.
If you would like to give and support our Computer Program, please consider donating from the items listed below:
- CRITICAL NEED for USB mice and keyboards
- Working Windows-compatible standard desktop/tower/laptop computers; minimum: Multi-core processor such as Intel Dual Core or higher with typical equipment: CD/DVD ROM, memory, hard drive
We also accept these types of computer equipment for use in our training and refurbishing programs:
- Flat panel computer monitors 19″ or larger
- Certain working HP Laser printers – we CANNOT accept inkjet printers
- Gigabit Networking equipment
Donations of the following to the Job Assistance Program are all welcome:
- Portfolios for job-seekers
- Three-ring binders for orientation sessions (one-inch size)
- Two pocket folders for job workshops
- Flash drives
If you would like to give and support the PRC Art Program, please consider donating from the list below:
- Stretched canvases
- Acrylic or watercolor paints
- Paint brushes
- Watercolor paper
- Glue sticks
- Gift cards in any amount for Blick Art or Michael’s Craft Supplies to help with program purchases
PRC is NOT accepting any donations of clothes at this time. Please check back for more information.
If you would like to give and support our Clothes Closet Program, please consider donating from the items listed below:
- new or gently used clothing
- Shoes and boots
- Jewelry or accessories
- Underwear (new only, please)
- Socks and hosiery (new only, please)
- Maternity wear
- Infant clothing
- Purses and tote bags
- Gym shoes and back packs (Back to school)
- Halloween costumes (October)
- Hats, gloves, scarves (October – March)
PRC is NOT accepting any donations to the ALL Program at this time. Please check back for more information. If you would like to give and support our Adult Learning and Literacy Program, please consider donating from the items listed below: Gently used book for both adults and children Pens, pencils and erasers Paper and scissors Folders
PRC is NOT accepting any Layette donations at this time. Please check back for more information.
For clients who are about to or already have a baby, PRC provides them with a layette filled with brand new items. They even come in pink or blue bags!
Layettes are filled with donations from the community and put together by volunteers. The bags include:
- Bibs, etc.
We accept donations at either the Wheaton or Westmont location and are always in need of items. When you make a donation, mark the items with the word “Layette” so they go to the right place!
We also have a super simple way for you to donate much needed new baby items to fill our layettes for expectant and new mothers!
- Visit smile.amazon.com
- Click on ‘Lists’ and choose ‘Find A List or Registry’
- Search ‘Peoples Resource Center’ (no apostrophe)
- Select ‘New Wish List’.
- Place an order and have it sent directly to PRC at 201 S. Naperville Rd. Wheaton, IL 60187.