Donations of food and other goods are essential to our work at PRC.
Click here for a list of our most needed food and personal care items at this time.
Mosts Needed Items:
|Canned Tuna||Canned Corn (low sodium)|
|Canned Chicken||Black Beans (low sodium)|
|Chicken Noodle Soup||Pasta Sauce|
|Mixed Fruit (packed in fruit juice)||Diced / Crushed Tomatoes|
|Canned Pineapple (packed in fruit juice)||Diapers (Sizes 4, 5, 6, 7)|
|Dry Pasta||Adult Diapers, all sizes|
|Dried Pinto Beans||Bars of Soap|
|Peanut Butter||Body Wash|
Donated items will be accepted at these times:
Monday and Friday: 8:00am – 3:00pm
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 1:00pm – 3:00pm
Retailers and Restaurants
PRC can accept donations of fresh and frozen foods and distribute them quickly to families in need. We may be able to offer donation pick-up from your location. Call us at 630.682.5402 to learn more about our food rescue program and how food donations must be packaged and stored.
Plan a food drive or fundraiser for PRC with these kits.
You can support People’s Resource Center by hosting a drive for food and more! To help you with ideas and materials, PRC has developed a variety of tool kits to provide additional guidance and resources with your planning.
Use these printable materials, many of which can be customized, to advertise your project and encourage participation by others in your congregation, workplace, neighborhood, school or service club. All the documents are in .pdf format and print on 8 1/2″ by 11″ pieces of paper. Please visit our tool kit page for more information.
For more detailed information on how to give or support the different PRC Program areas, please click on each program area below.
We can use all types of foods, but we especially need:
- Canned goods – chicken noodle soup, mixed fruit (packed in fruit juice), canned pineapple (packed in fruit juice), jelly, canned corn (low sodium), canned black beans (low sodium), pasta sauce, diced/crushed tomatoes, ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise
- High Protein – canned tuna, canned chicken, peanut butter
- Whole Grains – dried pasta, rice, dried pinto beans
- Baking Ingredients – flour, sugar
- Household Items – bar soap, toothpaste, shampoo, body wash
- Diapers – especially sizes 4, 5, 6 & 7, baby wipes, adult-sized diapers, 2T-3T pull-ups, 4T-5T pull-ups
* Please, no items in glass containers
* Pop-top cans preferred
PRC is NOW accepting donated computer items by appointment only!
Call 630-682-5402 extension 247.
If you would like to give and support our Computer Program, please consider donating from the items listed below:
- Working Windows-compatible laptops, at most 5 years old (Intel Core i3,i5 or i7 processors or AMD equivalent).
- Computers should be fully equipped with memory (4 GB ideally), hard drive (at least 256 GB) and ideally a CD/DVD drive.
- Our clients prefer laptops, that are equipped with a webcam, speakers, wifi access they need.
PRC is now accepting seasonal clothing donations from the community.
Space is limited so please adhere to these guidelines.
Clothing donations can be dropped off at our Westmont location and ONLY during the following hours:
- Monday and Friday: 8:00am – 3:00pm
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 1:00pm – 3:00pm
* Do not leave clothing donations outside of our building.
- new or gently used casual clothing
- Shoes and boots
- Jewelry or accessories
- Underwear (new only, please)
- Socks and hosiery (new only, please)
- Infant clothing
- Purses and tote bags
- Lightly used or new winter coats
- Gym shoes and boots
- Casual pants, jeans, dresses, skirts, long-sleeved shirts, t-shirts, sweatshirts, shoes, pajamas.
Effective October 3, 2022, we are no longer accepting summer clothing (i.e., no shorts, tank tops, sandals, bathing suits).
We do NOT accept any household items, appliances, furniture, or any non-clothing items for our clothes closet.
Donations of the following to the Job Assistance Program are all welcome:
- Portfolios for job-seekers
- Three-ring binders for orientation sessions (one-inch size)
- Two pocket folders for job workshops
- Flash drives
If you would like to give and support the PRC Art Program, please consider donating from the list below:
- Stretched canvases
- Acrylic or watercolor paints
- Paint brushes
- Watercolor paper
- Glue sticks
- Gift cards in any amount for Blick Art or Michael’s Craft Supplies to help with program purchases
PRC is NOT accepting any donations to the ALL Program at this time. Please check back for more information. If you would like to give and support our Adult Learning and Literacy Program, please consider donating from the items listed below: Pens, pencils and erasers Paper and scissors Folders
PRC is NOT accepting any Layette donations at this time. Please check back for more information.
For clients who are about to or already have a baby, PRC provides them with a layette filled with brand new items. They even come in pink or blue bags!
Layettes are filled with donations from the community and put together by volunteers. The bags include:
- Bibs, etc.
We accept donations at either the Wheaton or Westmont location and are always in need of items. When you make a donation, mark the items with the word “Layette” so they go to the right place!
We also have a super simple way for you to donate much needed new baby items to fill our layettes for expectant and new mothers!
- Visit smile.amazon.com
- Click on ‘Lists’ and choose ‘Find A List or Registry’
- Search ‘Peoples Resource Center’ (no apostrophe)
- Select ‘New Wish List’.
- Place an order and have it sent directly to PRC at 201 S. Naperville Rd. Wheaton, IL 60187.