People’s Resource Center has been sponsoring the Dine Away Hunger program since 2003. We are always on the lookout for new restaurants to join the program, so we appreciate your interest in partnering with us. Last year, over 50 DuPage restaurants participated.
One Wednesday each month, PRC hosts Dine Away Hunger throughout DuPage County. If you sign up, PRC will promote your restaurant in the following ways:
- List Your Restaurant details in PRC’s quarterly newsletter, with an audience of more than 10,000 PRC supporters;
- Deliver to Your Restaurant 2 display signs approximately 2 weeks before the event to publicize the restaurant’s participation in the Dine Away Hunger program;
- Publicize Your Restaurant name, address, phone and website link on PRC’s website (www.peoplesrc.org), and Facebook page;
- Send an e-blast with Your Restaurant name, address, phone and website link that will reach over 10,000 PRC supporters;
- Request PRC community supporters to publicize the event;
- Market the event to our 2,600 volunteers by placing the information on the volunteer digital bulletin board and our weekly email newsletter, sent to PRC staff & volunteers.
In return, the Your Restaurant donates 10% of all that day’s sales (excluding alcohol) to the PRC Food Pantry so it can purchase healthy and nutritious food for the 3,000 families who visit it each month. It’s an easy way to promote your restaurant and give back to the community.
If you’d like more information on becoming a host for Dine Away Hunger or another event, call the Development Department at 630-682-5402.