People's Resource Center makes a special effort to help brighten the holidays for our clients by providing Thanksgiving meals
and through Share the Spirit
which provides holiday gifts for children. Together, we can make this year a memorable one for thousands of families.
We have prepared a holiday service project toolkit with printable resources like posters and bulletin inserts. You can use these resources to encourage folks at your office, school, place of worship, neighborhood, or service club to get involved. Scroll to the bottom of this page to find these toolkit items.
About our Holiday programs:THANKSGIVING MEALS
Help us raise funds for Thanksgiving Meals. For just $20, PRC can provide a gift card for a Thanksgiving turkey as well as holiday meal trimmings for a family facing hard times. This year, PRC hopes to provide over 3,600 Thanksgiving meals
for our client families.To donate today to provide a Thanksgiving meal for a neighbor in need, please click here.
You can also send a check payable to the People's Resource Center with "Thanksgiving" written on the memo line to 201 S. Naperville Road, Wheaton, IL 60187.SHARE THE SPIRIT
People’s Resource Center’s Share the Spirit program provides holiday gifts for DuPage children who might otherwise go without. This year we hope to provide gifts to over 1,000 of our client families.You can help by donating new, unwrapped children's gifts or money to purchase gift cards for older children.
To make a donation today, click HERE
or send a check payable to People’s Resource Center to 201 S. Naperville Road, Wheaton, IL 60187. Please note "Share the Spirit" in the memo line.
Please drop off new, unwrapped toys as follows:
Volunteers are needed November 30 - December 5 to help with organizing gifts and distributing them to families.
- Friday, Nov. 30, 9AM to 4PM at PRC Southeast, 649 Blackhawk Drive, Westmont, IL
- Sunday, Dec. 2, 9AM to 4PM at DuPage County Fairgrounds, 2015 Manchester Road, Wheaton, IL
To volunteer, please call (630) 682-5402 x325. Leave your name, phone number, and the best time to reach you. You’ll be contacted in early November.
Gift Wish List: B
aby toys, hats and mittens, children's books, puzzles, games, Legos and blocks, Play Doh, arts and crafts supplies, sports equipment, dolls and action figures, toy cars, trucks, trains, etc. Please - no guns or violent toys!HOLIDAY SERVICE PROJECT TOOLKIT ITEMS
We hope this "toolkit" of resources helps you encourage others at your congregation, workplace, neighborhood, school or service club to get involved and help make the holidays happier for neighbors in need. All of the items below are in .pdf format and print on 8"1/2 x 11" sheets. Thank you for helping us spread the word!
- Holiday Service Project Toolkit Intro Letter - Click here.
- Posters Click here for a poster about our Thanksgiving Meals program. Click here for a Share the Spirit poster. Click here for a Share the Spirit poster that you can customize with your own collection point info if you're collecting toys at your congregation, school, office, etc.
- Bulletin Inserts/Flyers (print two half-sheet flyers to a page) These are great for handouts, bulletin inserts, or to include in a newsletter. Click here for a half-sheet about Thanksgiving. Click here for a half-sheet about Share the Spirit.
- Donation Coupons (print three coupons to a page, double sided - print page 2 on the back of page 1) These are handy if you will be sending a mailing to your group or if you want to give folks an easy way to designate donations to both programs with one gift. Click here for the donation coupons.
- Signs for donation boxes Can you place a box in your lobby to collect donations of toys? What about a donation jar at a cashier counter or reception desk? You can use these signs to advertise. Click here for a large sign for toy collection. For collection jars/boxes, click here (Thanksgiving) or here (Share the Spirit).
- Sample articles Use these as a starting point for an article in your group's newsletter. Click here for an article about Thanksgiving, click here for a Share the Spirit article, or click here for an article that incorporates both programs. If you need short blurbs for a bulletin, email or announcement list, click here.